Behavioral health services are
recognized as an essential component of health care, yet receive far fewer resources than medical care.
While many adults and children suffer from mental health problems, too often these problems go untreated or unrecognized.
Because of this situation, the Knox Community Health Center integrated its Behavioral Health Services into patients' medical care. The Knox Community Health Center works to remove the barriers to obtaining mental health services to underserved and uninsured people in the community. We do this by providing the following types of behavioral health services in our facility:
- Screenings, Assessment, and Evaluation
- Individual and Group therapy
- Couples and Families Therapy
- Outpatient treatment
- Referral to recommended services
- Medication evaluation and management
- Coordination with Primary Care Physician and/or
- Psychiatric Telemedicine consultations .
Wanda Rohl, MSW, LCSW
Sarah Paul, LCPC